Mansfield Codes Administration
Skip navigation links
.: HOME :.
.: SEARCH :.
Documents for Mansfield Borough
Mansfield Codes Administration > Water and Sewer Service
Skip navigation links
Documents relating to Mansfield Borough Properties only
About Us
Impact of PA Act 45
Why a UCC?
PA Labor and Industry
How to find us
Municipal Members
Building Permit Process
Introduction to Obtaining a Permit
Obtaining a Permit for a New Home
Permit Process, Step-by-Step
Plan Drawing Requirements
Residential Plan Checklist
Plans Review and Issuance of Permit
Permit Fees
On-Lot Sewage System Permit
North Central Sewage Agency
SEO Coverage Areas
Water and Sewer Service
Zoning Permits
Fees and Charges Summary
Flood Plain Management
ADA Standards for Accessible Design
Helpful Code Hints
Downloadable Forms
Frequently Asked Questions

 Water and Sewer Service

Municipal Water and Sewer ServiceIf your property is within a municipality that provides water and sewage service, you will need to submit a connection application to the municipal authority that oversees these services.  Within these municipal service areas, on-lot septic or wells are not allowed.
Water and sewer may be managed by the same or separate authorities depending on the municipality, additionally, some municipalities may require connection to these municipal systems for properties outside of the municipal boundaries if those properties lie within a minimum distance of the municipal boundary or within a special targeted area, such as along certain roads or housing developments. 
Service Requests
In order to acquire a water and sewer connection, you will need to complete a connection application.  Water and sewer are usually separate applications required by the municipal authority who manages these services.  You will need to complete these applications and submit them to the appropriate authority.  You will also need to attend an authority meeting and submit your water or sewer hook up request personally to the authority board.
Tap fees for both water and sewer connections are levied in addition to any building or zoning permits fees required for your project.  These fees will vary by township or borough, so you will need to contact your municipality and water/sewer authority for the fee schedule.